02/11/2015

Alan Watts - Whats wrong with our culture

This video has stuck with me for a long time, "Our success is a failure"... I wonder about what it must be like for young people as this fact becomes more and more impossible to ignore. An underlying unease that is only growing as time passes.

In one respect this gives me hope as change becomes more obviously required. But I fear for the mental health of the generations to come.



Christian Slater's rant at the end of Mr Robot has a similar theme.

"Is any of it real, I mean look at this, a world built on fantasy. Synthetic emotions in the form of pills. Psychological warfare in the form of advertising. Mind altering chemicals in the form of food. Brainwashing seminars in the form of media. Cold isolated bubbles in the form of social networks..."

No comments: